Saturday 10 January 2015

TERRORISM, GOD AND REINCARNATION


TERRORISM, GOD AND REINCARNATION

I do not profess to be an expert on the terrorist acts by Moslem extremists. The underlying causes of their appalling and cowardly acts are too much for me to wrap my mind around.

However, you do not have to be Albert Einstein to figure out that the so called martyrs sacrificing their lives for their cause by murdering soft targets, namely innocent and often defenceless people, are deluding themselves.

For starters, one thing I do know, is that their God, or any God for that matter, is not going to greet them with honours in Heaven, or wherever they end up when they die.

Sorry guys, God does not work that way.

My understanding is that God is love, nothing but love.

Despite the distorted religious beliefs and teachings of Moslems, Christians, Jews and such like, He is not into dishing out punishment to guilty sinners, or rewarding brainwashed zealots for sacrificing their lives for an allegedly Godly cause.

What a bummer for a martyred terrorist to discover he has been had!

Oh well, put it down to experience.

We are the ones who punish ourselves for our seeming sins. We do not need a God to do it. Driven by our own conscious or subconscious guilt, we find ways to inflict pain upon ourselves. Either physical, mental or emotional pain.

Why do we do this? I believe it is because, whether we are Christian, Jew, Moslem or atheist, we all harbour a belief that we deserve punishment for our sins. At least at a very deep unconscious level. So, we try to mitigate God’s punishment by getting in first and punishing ourselves.

Just to throw another weird belief your way, you might well ask what I think happens to the martyred terrorists after they die. Not sure specifically, but I am certain they get another chance to correct their past mistakes, like the rest of us.

A juicy thought is that maybe in their next lives it will be their turn to be soft targets and they will be raped, pillaged and murdered by mindless idiots like themselves from their previous lives?

I know. I know. Not a very God like thought. Forgive me my humanness.  

djdelene.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment